The Durri Aboriginal Corporation Medical Service (Durri ACMS) was established in 1976. The name Durri means "to grow in good health" and was bestowed upon the organisation by members of the local Aboriginal community.
Located in Kempsey, approximately half way between the cities of Brisbane and Sydney. Durri is on the traditional land of the Dunghutti people.
As an organisation we would like to acknowledge our supporters that contribute to the success of Durri ACMS:
- The Aboriginal people of the Macleay Valley
- Our dedicated staff, management and board.
- The Office of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
- NSW Ministry of Health
- The Mid North Coast Local Health District
- The Mid North North Coast Primary Health Network
- The Aboriginal Health & Medical Research Council of NSW
- North Coast GP Training
- NSW Rural Doctors Network
- The University of NSW
- Newcastle University
- University of New England
- Griffith University
- University of Western Sydney